Traffic Analyst - Traffic Operations Center
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Denver, CO team as a Traffic Analyst – Traffic Operations Center.
Under direction, applies knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Traffic Operations Centers (TOC), Traffic Incident Management (TIM), work zone management and highway maintenance activities to develop, implement and manage response plans and support real-time surface transportation network needs and challenges. May also be required to support the coordination of ITS project activities and the preparation of reports and documents.
Carries out job functions within the TOC and maintains in-depth domain knowledge of all TOC functions including maintaining the ability to support operations floor duties as needed. Must be capable of coordinating with staff, making independent judgments in time sensitive situations and coordinating with TOC supervisors, clients and other stakeholders outside the facility.
- Actively monitors all traffic conditions and anticipates problem areas on the road network.
- Creates identified incident in ATMS, notifies appropriate personnel, and provides additional responses as required, administers tolls portal, and traffic management use cases.
- Actively reviews operational activity for accuracy and appropriateness and provides guidance and feedback to staff.
- Provides traffic engineering support to the client and operations staff by maintaining cognizance of state-wide traffic flow using maps, event lists, construction, speed data, ramp meters and cameras (CCTV).
- Compiles statistical performance measures reports for the client and operations management staff as appropriate.
- Supports the development and maintenance of all response plans.
- Communicates regularly with client managers, project manager, shift supervisors and other stakeholders to provide status updates, ascertain needs and provide solutions to any issues.
- Coordinates with other agencies as appropriate.
- Supports on-floor training, coaching and mentoring for operations staff as appropriate.
- Operate express lanes as needed in CTMS and TAP (training will be provided)
- Supports the development and maintenance of all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinates ramp meter operations as required.
- Travels to field locations as requested by the client to support device configuration needs and stakeholder communications.
- Reviews maintenance alarms and escalates to maintenance team as needed
- Oversees various programs and prepares reports as assigned by project manager or client.
- Performs special assignments as it relates to traffic operations, traveler information, and incident management.
- Data entry as required by SOPs
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or an ITS-related subject such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Transportation Planning, Economics, Business, Law, or Information Technology, plus one year relevant experience providing exposure to ITS technologies, TOC operations, Traffic Incident Management, Emergency Management, information and communication technologies, ramp metering systems, traveler information, electronic payment, or traffic control systems. A.S. degree in related fields will be accepted with the 3-5 years of relevant experience and appropriate skillset.
- Good technical writing and analytical and communications skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Outlook or equivalent e-mail program as well as the use of Internet and other information processing and storage techniques to support research of alternatives and the definition of designs and concepts.
- Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
- Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
- Must be able to think strategically in relation to the entire network and in the context of the incident management program. Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Must have the ability to generate time sensitive responses using independent judgment.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.