EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and
A vacancy has arisen for an assistant accountant who is looking to develop a career in finance to join our EDPM finance team. There is the opportunity with this role to join the company Graduate scheme. This is a great opportunity to make a first move into the job market and to get experience at a large, global organisation.
As part of the finance graduate scheme we look to provide successful candidates with a three-year rotation within the finance and corporate functions, covering areas such as; subsidiary accounting, FP&A, management accounting and tax and treasury. In the latter stages of the scheme there is also the possibility to experience working overseas. The scheme will require working at multiple offices in the UK and dependent on the role may require temporary relocation from the main location mentioned below.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (eg Accountancy, Finance, Maths, Business etc) or relevant experience in an associated role or sector
- Computer literate (specifically Excel - understanding of vlookups, if functions and pivot tables)
- Able to work between Epsom (The Gateway) (main location) and London (Nova) (secondary location).
This role will be ideal for someone who would like to study towards an ACCA qualification. All exam fees and revision costs will be covered (first time take only), and reasonable study leave will be part of the package. Completion of the ACCA qualification typically takes between 3 and 5 years.
You will initially be a member of a small established team which has the following key responsibilities:
- Consolidation and preparation of monthly Sector management accounts.
- Consolidation of forecasts and budgets.
- Preparation of the subsidiary financial statements under IFRS.
- Liaison with internal departments including business finance directors and financial controllers, tax and treasury.
- Provision of technical accounting expertise to the businesses.
- Liaison with external auditors.
- Preparation of bid request information, additional ad hoc reporting and project work.
Your specific responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly Sector management accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of subsidiary accounts.
- Assisting with various ad hoc activities.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.