BIM Manager - Civil Engineering
Atkins Civil Engineering & Advanced Technology Practice are looking to appoint a Civil Engineering BIM Manager to provide technical lead, capability and BIM support for civil engineering designs across our major projects.
This key post will be based out of our London Nova North office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem -solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
As part of Atkins commitment to delivering Building Information Modelling (BIM) solutions to clients we are recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineering BIM Manager to join our forward thinking Civil Engineering and Advanced Technology division. You will be a part of our South-East team based mainly in London, working within a busy design office. You may also be required to work in our other Atkins offices.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced BIM Manager to work within an internationally renowned consultancy, providing the opportunity to work on large scale multidisciplinary projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
• Managing and preparation of Civil 3D models and subsequent drawing output production,
• Model management & collaboration, clash detection
• Ensuring CAD/BIM Standards are adhered to across the team
• Lead a team of BIM technicians/modellers to ensure they acquire and maintain the skills necessary to deliver projects efficiently in the evolving CAD/BIM environment required by our clients.
• Identify opportunities for business advantage through the innovative use BIM Modelling technology
• Developing and retaining good quality staff, facilitating training, completing appraisals, interim reviews implementing HR policies
• Engaged in recruitment as appropriate
• Produce and maintain a high level and consistent accuracy & quality of models and drawings with self-check & review work
• Lead the delivery of BIM modelling output on projects
• Lead a team of BIM Technicians on delivering projects to control design programme and cost budgets
• Work efficiently with design team to support project delivery
• Implement and maintain the use company, project and client CAD/BIM Modelling Standards and protocols throughout the team
• Ensure all project data is correctly established and maintained in accordance with company standards and project requirements
• Actively conduct project audits to ensure compliance and continued improvement
• Supervise and mentor junior staff members in training and development
• Introduce learning and continuous improvement to the group in development of BIM modelling techniques and processes. Liaison with the wider business community
• Monitor resource utilisation and seek opportunities to share staff across the sector and wider business. Maintain an overview of the productivity of CAD/BIM Staff
• Extensive Autodesk: Civil 3D, 2D AutoCAD and Navisworks experience
• Have knowledge of Autodesk: Revit, Plant 3D, Bentley MicroStation and Tekla Products to assist the wider BIM team
• Experience developing horizontal and vertical alignments, generating profiles, cross sections, digital terrain (surface) modelling, plans with cut & fill volumes, modelling utilities and drainage
• Experience in production of Civil engineering detailed to construction drawings: general arrangements, section & details, for multi-disciplinary projects
• Maintain an overview of developments in IT based CAD/BIM modelling systems and standard Codes of Practice. Understand BIM direction within the industry and be familiar with and able to implement BS1192:2007 and the latest AEC (UK) BIM/CAD Protocols
• Proven track record of Team leader responsibilities
• Good organisational and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.