BUILT COORDINATOR - MUSKRAT FALLS PROJECT- ST. JOHN’S
SNC-Lavalin’s Clean Power team is an industry leader in the worlds of both power generation and power delivery, boasting over 100 years of hydro experience with the company’s first hydro power project dating back to 1911. SNC-Lavalin has been extensively involved in the designing, building, refurbishing and studying of both hydro & power delivery systems and has facilitated the production of some 296,000 MW of hydroelectric power as well as over 114,000 km of transmission lines and more than 2,500 substations worldwide.
As climate change continues to be at the forefront of the environmental agenda at a global level and continues to influence decisions and the general direction of the power sector, the group also oversees renewable energy and energy storage projects. And with critical infrastructure protection of increasing concern to utilities, the group also continues to support the growth of SNC-Lavalin’s digital & telecommunications technology.
AS BUILT COORDINATOR - MUSKRAT FALLS PROJECT- ST. JOHN’S
DIRECTION EXERCISED AND AUTHORITY:
The As Built Coordinator will be responsible for organization and execution of the as-built drawings and documentation for all SNC designed work for the project. The coordinator will also be expected to undertake such work directly, as required, using AutoCAD 2D and 3D software to create, modify and updating as-built drawings.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY OF SCOPE:
- Work with the existing 2D and 3D drawings for the revision and update of the design drawings related to the Powerhouse layout, design drawings for concrete construction and for other civil structures on the project.
- Preparation of as-built drawings, isometrics, data sheets and materials lists in accordance with the proper standards.
- Site Engineering Support.
- Quantity Control and verification for all drawings produced.
- Organizing and archiving of all drawing files and related documents.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is being executed as a contract scope of work.
The duties and job functions of the As Built Coordinator shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- With the Engineering Manager, identify drawings and documents that need to be as-built;
- Estimate and coordinate the execution of the work to do the as-builts;
- Review for completeness redlines submitted by contractor;
- Reference to as-built philosophy document through Aconex;
- Monitor progress on as-built drawings;
- Identify priorities and coordinate;
- Identify resources required to undertake the work, where these are;
- Work on final updates for any models (2D and 3D) used in process;
- Archiving and organizing all documents for turnover to operations;
- Other duties as required.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the engineering consultant field.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with 2D and 3D AutoCAD software, and Civil3D software.
- Ability to generate material bill of quantities, and other related technical work.
- Technology diploma from a recognized educational institute.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
- Safety oriented.
- Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor’s vision and core values.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
- Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team environment (matrix style organization structure).
- Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
- Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
- Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.