Civil Structural Engineer
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC Lavalin’s Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions designs, develops, and delivers engineering solutions for power generation, delivery, automation and digitalization in North America and abroad.
SNC Lavalin’s Power, Grid and Industrial Solutions has exciting full-time career opportunities for an Civil/Structural Engineer. Based out of our Vancouver office, our Civil/Structural engineers work with our clients to design and deliver customized solutions for hydroelectric projects.
- Establish design criteria related to area of assignment, based upon specified contractual requirements and in line with good engineering practices
- Developing preliminary design and engineering specifications
- Design reinforcement concrete and steel structures, including supporting calculations, specifications and supervising the preparation of drawings
- Provision of field support during construction
- Other tasks as required to support project goals and business activities
EXPERIENCE – KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/PROJECT EXPOSURE
- A minimum of 10 years experience as a Structural Engineer
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of SAP2000, MathCAD, AutoCAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hydroelectric power industry experience
- Proficiency with ANSYS, Revit and Robot
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- APEGBC Professional Engineer registration or eligibility for registration
- A strong technical capability and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to handle multiple diverse assignments successfully in a consulting firm environment
- The ability to perform as a key member of an inter-disciplinary project team, including supervising and mentoring junior engineers and drafters
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences