Construction Contracts Support Specialist
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, FL Construction Management Group as a Construction Contracts Support Specialist.
Assists with preparation of contract documents and/or to monitors various aspects of a contract.
Responsibilities may include assisting in the preparation of fee proposals, audit packages, contract amendments and supplemental agreements; monitoring the financial status of contracts and projects using financial system software; assisting in the budgeting and tracking of related expenditures.
- May assist in the preparation of fee proposals, audit packages, contract amendments and supplemental agreements.
- May monitor financial status of contract and projects using financial system software.
- May be responsible for auditing invoices and bills, providing documentation for backup to be submitted with invoices, and researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- May assist in budgeting and tracking of contract and related overhead expenditures, including training, and client-required certifications for project personnel.
- May assist the client in processing invoices in accordance with the contract and may monitor the payment of such invoices.
- May assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- May assist with financial matters such as cash flow and financial projections.
- May coordinate meetings and make travel arrangements.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and two years related experience. With Associate's degree, ten years of related experience. Without a degree, twelve years related experience is required.
- Must meet FDOT requirements for Contract Support Specialist seen below.
- Related experience must be at least four years of road & bridge construction engineering inspection (CEI) having performed/assisted in project related duties.
- Materials Acceptance and Certification (MAC) system experience, progress and final estimates, EEO Compliance, processing construction changes OR a Civil Engineering Degree.
- Should be familiar with the Department’s Procedures covering the project related duties as stated above and be proficient in the computer programs necessary to perform these duties.
- Shall become proficient in Trimble Business Center - Heavy Construction Edition (HCE) or approved surface to surface comparison software and Engineering Menu.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and use PC and applicable software.
- Professional Registrations Desired.
- CTQP Final Estimates Level II
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.