The Construction Manager will direct and be accountable for all pre-execution planning activities to ensure all necessary construction packages have been readied and available for use. The Construction Manager will be responsible for all site execution matters, including direct-hire and subcontracted labour supervision, safe and timely performance of the work, and ensuring quality standards are upheld.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and staff a construction team made of experienced and capable supervisory personnel
- Liaise with engineering staff to ensure integration of all tooling designs
- Develop hiring plan
- Work with the Labour Relations Manager to ensure labour relations issues are pro-actively managed
- Responsible for all site execution matters, including the timely performance of the work
- Accountable for all site safety and human performance metrics, and for collaborating with the project EHS Manager & HU Manager
- Maintain a positive relationship with client construction counterpart
- Accountable for ensuring all project execution resources have received the required training
- Identifies succession plans for key individuals and implements necessary steps to train these individuals
- Ensure work is performed within quality system requirements
- Involvement in developing and ensuring compliance to staff training roster.
- Ensure verification of Supervisor qualifications
- Perform observation and coaching duties in both Bruce Power and Contractor databases
- Ensure a strong nuclear safety culture is reinforced continuously
- Responsible for supervision of all execution/construction, work coordinators and clerical staff.
- Close collaboration with Engineering, Procurement, and Project Management staff
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Extensive (15+ years) construction management experience
- Must have the ability to handle all matters in a confidential and professional manner
- Excellent organizational, communication and customer relationship skills
- Extensive knowledge of trades performed work, financial operations, estimating and employee relations required.
- Requires proficient trades union relations management skills, and a solid understanding of union agreements applicable to work performed for our customer
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.