Construction Project Administrator
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Construction Group as Construction Manager.
Under direction, organizes field observation and monitoring of contractors substantial compliance with contracts so that project quality, cost control and established completion schedule are met by contractor. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
- Observes construction progress in the field and writes reports to record observations and summarize test results.
- Administers the construction contract on behalf of the owner, including tracking of all construction documentation, managing job sites meetings, reviewing and recommending contractor progress payments and schedule status.
- Reporting to the owner on project progress and issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field and four years related experience.
- With Associate's degree, twelve years of related experience.
- Without a degree, seventeen years related experience is required.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to supervise field representatives and field office personnel.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plan and contracts and have thorough knowledge of construction documents.
- Must have the ability to travel to assignment anywhere in the US, with projects typically ranging from 6-12 months of construction.
- Previous experience with policies and procedures on Federal projects.
- Ability to work in highly visible locations like a major national park, with sensitivity to cultural and natural resource values.
- Experience providing these services at remote locations and often severe weather constraints and seasonal construction.
- P.E. Desired.
- OSHA training certification desire.d
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.