Construction Project Support Technician
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, FL Construction Management Group as a Construction Project Support Technician.
Under supervision, provides proficient technical support to engineers, planners, architects, surveyors or scientists working in transportation, development, environmental, land surveying or other technical services of the company.
- Depending on service supported, typical duties may include the following:
- Extracts, compiles and interprets a variety of technical data such as contract documents and specifications, field notes, codes and ordinances, government publications, surveys, lab reports and product information.
- Writes preliminary reports and performs quantity takeoffs, cost estimates and man-hour estimates for projects.
- Conducts field reviews to assess environmental conditions or environmental impact of projects; performs data reduction and transcription, and/or other environmental investigation activities; prepares summary and interpretation of findings.
- Performs moderately complex mathematical calculations.
- Drafts base maps, site plans, construction drawings and/or other technical drawings, working from field notes, sketches or conceptual designs.
- Prepares graphic displays and presentation materials.
- Coordinates with CAD technicians, reprographics and other technical personnel.
- Performs such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus four years related experience is required.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills; good drafting ability where required; familiarity with technical discipline supported.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.