Why join us?
This position is based out of our North York office.
The Buildings and Facilities group in Toronto provide mechanical and electrical design for all types of buildings in the commercial, institutional, recreational and multi-residential market. Our clients and projects and varied and diverse. The office is a high energy workspace where we work closely as a team to meet the requirements and deadlines of our clients.
We currently have many mixed-use projects with residential towers combined with office and retail areas, as well as many projects in the health care, institutional and retail sectors. We are looking for an Electrical Intermediate Designer for Electrical building design, including Building Power, Lighting, fire protection, and Communications systems to join our growing team.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Graduate of an Accredited Engineering School or College.
- Registered with Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years working experience in using Autocad and design of building electrical systems such as power distribution, lighting, fire alarm system and communication systems.
What will you contribute?
- Working under direction of Senior Designer or Engineer
- Combination of design directly on CAD and
- Preparation of mark-ups for junior staff and supervise junior staff for drawing production and quality control
- Prepare design brief for small and medium projects with input from Senior Designer or Engineer
- Complete design of repetitive projects or small projects, including all co-ordination with other disciplines and clients
- Design portions of larger project independently.
- Tracking and inform project manager of design changes which could impact fee for additional service
- Coordinate and follow up with Architect or Client regarding project deliverable schedules and requirements.
- Perform site take-offs under direction of Senior Designer or Engineer
- Attend co-ordination meetings for small projects
- Prepare specifications for small projects
- Obtain information on equipment from suppliers. Select and specify equipment with input from project Engineer
- Co-ordinate with Utilities and Municipalities regarding electrical incoming services, under guidance of Senior Designer or Engineer
- Review of shop drawings, under supervision of Senior Designer or Engineer
- Prepare Notice of Change and Site Instruction
- Review and respond to contractor RFI’s
- Attend site meetings during construction, if require along with a senior staff member
- Perform field review for small projects, if require by Project Manager.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment
- Ability to work on several projects at one time with organization skill to meet deliverable schedules
- Extensive skills with Autocad (Exposure to Revit or Miro Station is an asset)
- Extensive skills with Visual Lighting software (Exposure to AGI32 is an asset)
- Good knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Building Code and IES lighting standards.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com