Electrical Field Technician
Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is seeking an Electrical Field Technician in our Ottawa office. This position will be responsible for providing site inspection activities on construction projects. This individual must also be hands-on and detailed-oriented.
- Monitoring electrical construction of fixed facilities to ensure contractor’s work meets the contract documents, design and construction schedule;
- Responding to site related construction issues through site query/ site instruction response;
- Coordinating electrical construction with other design disciplines.
- Preparation and issuing of technical documents and sketches in the form of site instruction;
- Attending site coordination meetings;
- Prepare monthly site review reports;
- Performing inspection for the electrical system installation;
- Review of construction change orders and monthly progress billing;
- Conducting site acceptance tests;
- Review quality documents and Post Installation Check out forms;
- Review shop drawings against project specification.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or minimum 5 years related experience, including railway and/or building inspection;
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Strong time management and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be hands-on and detailed-oriented
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.