Guideway Design and Integration Designer
Guideway Design and Integration Designer, Track Systems
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
The Rail and Transit Engineering Guideway Design and Integration Designer position is ideal for an individual looking for an introduction to rail and transit engineering in one of the world’s leading engineering and construction companies. The need for sustainable transport is growing substantially and SNC Lavalin wants to give students the opportunity to work with internationally renowned experts on some of the most exciting transit projects in the world.
SNC Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance, environmental protection, and is committed to delivering projects on budget and on time to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- Design of various guideway components including, ductbank, walkways, line of site analysis, combined services, and guideway lighting.
- Interfacing with other design groups (fixed facilities, trackwork, PS&D, civil, structural, comms, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, suppliers, etc.).
- Must be proficient in the use of CAD software to design various systems components on rail & transit-based projects. AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microstation are two main design programs utilized on various projects. Revit knowledge also valuable.
- Take on 3D models and BIM design with smart features and tags that can be integrated with other 3D models. Run clash detection within federated models of multiple disciplines to ensure conflict free designs.
- Support other designers and engineers to fulfill the requirements of the projects. Be a key team member and participate in discussion and brainstorming sessions.
- Respond to Request for Information (RFI) and Shop Drawings during procurement and construction.
- Site reviews may be required to ensure conformance to contract documents during construction. Site reports, photos, and preparation of other documentation required. Ensure Safe Work Practices are followed during site inspections.
- Ensure design compliance with the project requirements, codes, and standards Canadian Electrical Code, NFPA-130.
- Monitor timelines and ensure designs are released on schedule
- Interface with the Client and third parties
- Review As-built construction records for completed installation work and report on discrepancies compared with design.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Rail and Transit design within related disciplines.
- P.Eng, C.E.T., or other accreditations an asset but not mandatory.
- Strong work ethic required
- Experience with large-scale Systems type projects. Transit, Signaling, Communications, Power Supply & Distribution, or Oil and Gas are preferred.
- Experience in Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment involved in the construction of industrial electrical works
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements.
- Proficiency in issuing clear written instructions to contractors.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, NFPA-130, and relevant safety regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of quality control processes.
- Ability to understand and consider information and evaluate results to choose the best solution. Able to adapt to changing circumstances.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies. Our Transportation Division is responsible for the development and execution of large transportation infrastructure projects valued at several billion.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, no telephone calls please.
Please note that SNC-Lavalin DOES NOT accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies and/or head hunting firms and we will not be responsible for any fees associated with hires from such resumes unless there is a written signed agreement with our Vancouver office.
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment