Highway Maintenance Labourer
Brunway Highway, a division of SNC Lavalin O&M, is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and rehabilitation of Route 2 Trans-Canada Highway between the Quebec Border to Longs Creek, and also Route 95 from Woodstock to the US Border, until 2033.
Our Highway Maintenance Labourers are crucial to this process.
This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and performing manual labor required to maintain the highway and right-of-way assets to ensure conformance of the designated section of the highway with required standards and contractual requirements.
- Operate and maintain a variety of highway maintenance equipment (including loaders, tractors, small power equipment, and power tools) required to repair and maintain all highway roadway and corridor assets according to standards and contractual requirements
- Perform general manual labour required to maintain and repair the highway and related corridor assets (including litter removal, traffic control, grass cutting, drainage facilities, signs and related damages, spring debris clean-up, etc)
- Perform equipment operations and manual labour duties related to preventive maintenance of highway assets (including bridge components, pavement running surfaces, and drainage facilities)
- Perform planned and emergency traffic control signing and services, and assist in accident response and site clean-up, in compliance with Provincial Traffic control regulations
- Prepare daily work records of activities and accomplishments, including equipment operating times and vehicle performance
- Assist in routine vehicle and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Assist in yard maintenance and general good house-keeping clean-up practices
- Assist with annual facilities inspection activities for the highway asset management system
- Minimum 2 years’ previous job-related experience preferred
- General knowledge of highway operations and working experience with various types of vehicles and equipment used in road maintenance activities is preferred
- Clean driving record, with ideally a Class 3 license
- Proven work performance related to attention to detail, timeliness and organization
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and compliance with defined standards
- Good personal documentation and problem solving
- Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of workplace health and safety
- Ability to deal with the public in a calm, patient and professional manner.