- Work as part of the Europe HR team as lead responsibility for xx in line with the core business strategy and people priorities for the division.
- Deliver people initiatives and projects that support employee engagement and retention
- Lead negotiations with trade union/employee representatives for the organisation.
- Build relationships with senior HR leaders in client and partner organisations to support our market teams.
- Provide advice and support to managers and coach, influence, challenge as necessary.
- Work alongside the Europe Recruitment partner to support the local selection, on-boarding and induction for new joiners to the business
- Manage HR projects both at a country and regional level and work with the Europe HR Business partner to resource projects where necessary.
- Work closely with the business to deliver HR solutions that support business performance and objectives. This may include ‘people priorities’ such as organisational development, restructuring, performance management, talent review and succession, diversity and inclusion
- Deliver local support to Reward & Merit processes, including supporting the development of compensation strategies that support the business.
- Lead the support of the Learning & Talent Development team to support local process requirements for development.
- Manage workload in a timely manner ensuring effective delivery in line with policy
- Review key learning points from cases/projects both for the business and HR. Share learning to support changes, improvements or learning activities.
- Ensure the management of end to end processes in line with customer needs whilst maintaining legal and compliance requirements
- Carry out risk analysis for HR cases and projects as appropriate and escalate to the management team and Europe HR Business partner.
- Line management of HR individuals locally to support their development and workload in partnership with the HR Business partner
- In partnership with communication, recruitment and stakeholders, deploy a strong and clear vision around our employer brand including implementation of activities which aim for a cohesive voice in ensuring that Atkins is seen as a well-known and attractive company to work for
- Drive initiatives around culture development in country
- Support managers in building and developing their teams
- Support and coach manager in their roles and their development as managers
- As part of the local senior management team, ensure HR requirements are an integral part of the decision process and agenda
- Significant depth and breadth of generalist HR experience
- Excellent knowledge of local employment law and its application to the organisation
- Experience of working within a complex global organisation
- Well-developed persuasion, influencing and challenging skills
- Ability to coach, empathise and support senior management and employees
- Experience of working with trade union/employee representatives and negotiating agreement
- Experience of the application of compensation & reward strategies.
- Experience of working with a HR Shared Service environment would be an advantage.
- Developed thinking, ability to produce a range of solutions but also think quickly as needed.
- Personal credibility with strong communication skills
- Leads, initiates and adapts to change
- Highly developed consultancy skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong coaching skills and ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Customer focus with a drive to deliver
- Strong commercial focus with an ability to think pragmatically
- The courage to challenge or influence to allow the right decisions to be made
- Articulate, dynamic and a professional team worker
- Acts as a role model to others in all the HR department
- Taking accountability for delivering results both personally/and with others
- Developed independent decision making
- Experience working in a senior leadership team
- Excellent English language abilities both speaking and writing.