HVAC and Building Services Designer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Exton, PA, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a HVAC and Building Services Designer in SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering & Design department and reporting to the Manager of HVAC & Building Services, you’re typical duties and essential functions will include but not be limited to the preparation, design, modification, coordination, and/or review of the following. It is assumed the candidate will be learning these functions and is not required to have the capability to perform any of these functions initially.
What will be your contribution?
- Prepare, design, select, coordinate, and review of the following:
- HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems
- Concepts and basis of design documents
- Air flow and room-to-room pressurization diagrams
- Hydronic flow diagrams and riser diagrams
- Chillers, boilers, heat exchangers and associated central plant equipment
- Air handlers, exhaust fans, air valves and diffusers
- Domestic hot water boilers, air compressors, vacuum pumps, clean steam generators, valves and regulators, plumbing fixtures, and process coolers
- Shop drawing reviews and requests for information
- Coordinate with architectural, electrical, process piping and structural disciplines.
- Conduct field surveys of existing conditions and on-site construction progress punch list reviews.
- Complete Quality Management Training and comply with the program upholding a commitment to a culture of quality in all aspects of work.
What are we looking for?
- Associates or Bachelors degree in one of the following:
- Engineering CAD Technology
- CAD Design Technology
- HVAC Design Technology
- Architectural Engineering Technology
- HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design experience is a plus
- Experience with clean rooms, pharmaceutical, chemical and biotech facilities is a plus
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in AutoCad and Revit
- Able to work additional hours if necessary as workload dictates
- Able to travel to client sites is required
- Location: Exton, Pennsylvania, USA
- Reports To: Manager of HVAC & Building Services Engineering
- Experience: 0 to 5+ years
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.). or
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project Management Company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment