SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other buildings/infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
The Landscape Architect will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Senior Project Manager to undertake the following specific responsibilities:
- Develop design procurement strategies including the development of consultant design briefs
- Engage consultants via appropriate means to undertake the landscape documentation for the packages of works as identified by the Clients Senior Management
- Monitor and coordinate the design package through the standard stages of design from concept through to tender documentation
- Coordinate consultants’ designs with other interfacing design packages
- Administer and coordinate the Contractor procurement process from compilation and floating of the tenders through to award of the tender and engagement of the Contractor
- Monitor the contractors’ obligations under the Contract and their progress against the agreed master programme
- Ensure consultants and contractors utilise the specified document control systems
- Ensure timely procurement of any landscape items developed/ grown off site such as pres-cast furniture, advance trees, palms etc.
- Review established construction strategies with the Client and recommend potential alternatives to improve on cost, quality and programme effectiveness.
- Monitor and coordinate the landscape supervision team to adhere to established inspection plans, testing plans and commissioning protocols to hand over completed works.
- Provide direction and coordination on the operation and maintenance of the landscape areas.
- Coordinate and liaise closely with the cost consultants and the Client Commercial Manager.
- Liaise, coordinate and support the Client Facility Management team to ensure that the final landscape installations are tested, commissioned and comprehensively handed over.
- Monitor and coordinate the project close out.
- Incorporate maintenance improvements in future landscape designs as applicable.
Plan Work Activities and Resources to meet Project Requirements:-
- Co-ordinate and monitor activities which relate to the landscape works to provide assistance in delivering the specified works.
- Ensure the landscape works is comprehensively integrated within the infrastructure master programme of works.
Monitor the programme of works Communication with the Team and Project Organization:-
- Establish a regular series of meetings with the relevant contractors and consultants to ensure works and quality are closely tracked.
- Provide a regular forum for the delivery team to report, ensuring that records are kept and minutes issued accordingly.
- Report regularly to the Senior Project Manager in terms of production, programme, quality and presentation.
- Administer the Client reporting procedures as applicable for landscape works.
- Coordinate and monitor permits and approvals and follow up with Government Liaison Officer as applicable.
Identify Hazards and Reduce Risks:-
- Identify risks associated with the design and construction of the landscape works
- Report any Hazard while visiting construction site within the Project development area.
Control of Health & Safety Systems:-
- Review and implement recommendations by the Health & Safety Adviser/HSE Manager responsible for auditing the construction area Associated with Landscaping.
- Comply with HSE policy agreed by the Client management.
- Report any HSE breaches by contractor while visiting construction site to the immediate attention of the Senior Project manager.
- Help to promote HSE culture within the Client team.
- Participate actively in any HSE related issues.
Monitor the Implementation of Health & Safety Procedures:-
- Manage the reporting of the HSE records of the main landscape contractor and their subcontractors.
- Co-ordinate with Safety Advisers.
- Provide support to the Client HSE Manager to ensure that main contractors, sub-contractors and personnel abide by the the Client HSE Rules.
- Keep informed of the HSE Training and Tool Box Talks carried out by the main contractor and their sub-contractors.
Quality Control and Conformance with Design:-
- Maintain quality control measures in cooperation with the landscape supervision team.
- Monitor the reportable items being identified by the landscape supervision team and identify trends in order to eliminate re-occurrence.
- Manage quality standards for the project in co-operation with the consultants and main contractors.
- Review progress monitors and programmes in order for main contractors to deliver landscape works in line with the programmed forecasts.
- Assess the ongoing quality of all responsibilities and take the necessary action to ensure the required standards are being maintained and bettered.
We are looking for applicants who possess the following attributes:
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent).
- You will have gained considerable Residential / Commercial mixed use experience.
- You will have gained 8-10 Years relevant experience as a landscape architect with extensive experience of working on large scale constructions sites in supervisory.
- You will be experienced and comfortable with working to set targets, service levels and quality levels.
- Experience of managing contractors and/or delivery based teams is essential.
- Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 26 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants