On-Site Assurance Engineer
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Our consultancy team has specialists working on rolling stock, asset maintenance, specialist engineering solutions, infrastructure, rail control systems and strategic transport advisory services.
Safety – Integrity – Collaboration – Innovation
We are seeking an On-Site Assurance Engineer to work on a major project in Maryborough, South-East Queensland within our Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) business for a twelve (12) month contract with the possibility of extension. The position will be responsible for providing high quality project delivery and specialist engineering guidance to our client. This role requires a high level of technical expertise, alongside the ability to effectively manage client requirements.
- Undertake technical and quality reviews of on and off-site production activities alongside the on-site contracting personnel to ensure high-quality production and testing outcomes.
- Liaise with senior client technical and management stakeholders (and produce progress reports) regarding project contractor progress.
- Review mechanical and electrical test reports produced by the contractor to support routine testing and commissioning activities .
- Provide project delivery, specialist engineering services and support to our client
- Manage individual engagements to ensure that the scope of work for each is completed safely, on time, to budget, and to the Client's satisfaction.
Education and Skills
- Minimum 10 years rolling stock industry experience;
- Must be eligible to pass a rail industry Category 3 medical;
- Open Class “C” driver’s license is mandatory;
- Technical training is required (e.g. diploma or equivalent in engineering or relevant technical trade). BEng preferred (Mechanical, Mechatronic or Electrical). RPEQ would be advantageous;
- SARC and RIW training will be provided if not already held;
- Experience with large-scale rolling stock procurement projects (preferably passenger rolling stock experience);
- Knowledge of Rail Safety National Law;
- Experience working on-site with manufacturing contractors will be highly regarded;
- Ability to work autonomously (i.e. with minimal management guidance/direction) and self-start will be essential; and
- Process driven and attention to detail are necessary.
- Attractive remuneration package;
- Be part of a Global Business with a world class reputation and competence.
We are and continue to look for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.