Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways Agency and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are currently looking for a Project Assistant to join our team.
- Global template Programme administration and user support and performance tracking
- Review procedure administration and user support
- Review procedures for Schedule of submissions (improvements and renewals), maintain the register and preparation of transmittal notices
- Management and support of cyclical events including: preparation and support of all cyclical meetings, circulation of electronic documents in advance, arranging accommodation and refreshments, taking notes and preparing minutes
- Support the use of EPM by one to one training of new design and deliver staff, supporting staff in the use of the system with advice and assistance, monitoring the quality of input to the system for robust and reliable output and managing feedback system for development of system improvements and developments
- Supporting management and maintenance of financial forecasting and reconciliation systems
- Administering time capture systems and processes
- Supporting management maintenance and administration of financial forecasting an reconciliation systems
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
- Project Management Experience preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
- Preference of minimum IEng qualification registered with Engineering Council and membership of appropriate professional institution (ICE or IHT) or working towards such qualification.
- Broad skills, knowledge and understanding of Highway or Structures Engineering and associated design areas
- Understanding of H&S Requirements related to Highway Engineering
- Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
- Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
- CSCS Card
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of projects
- Knowledge of the NEC Contract and other relevant forms of contract
- Knowledge of Quality Management
- Knowledge of HA procedures
- Experience of managing project delivery to existing highway or structures assets in a live operational environment or transferrable experience from a comparable role
- Recent experience of coordinating interfaces with other disciplines and design teams
- Experience of managing projects through complete lifecycle
- Experience in the design and construction of highways or structures projects