Aviation Project Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Aviation Project Director will be based out of our office in Miami, Florida and reports to our Aviation Division Manager. The Aviation Project Director manages complex and unconventional technology or delivery systems for a single significant project within aviation. Projects typically involve high levels of regulatory agency involvement or very complex technical requirements. Typical projects might include construction management engagements, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, and major and unique structures. Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met. Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects. Projects of this magnitude generally involve net revenues totaling between $2.5 million to $5 million annually and require specialized expertise.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinating, directing, and/or managing the activities of airport related airside and landside planning, design and construction projects.
- Reviewing airport projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within schedule and within budget. Also, enforces compliance with established quality control standards, ensuring that appropriate quality assurance activities are being performed throughout the project.
- Overseeing the activities of Project Managers, Engineers, Planners, and Technicians to ensure project delivery is completed within goals and objectives.
- Reviews proposals and selects interview teams; reviews and recommends project marketing budgets subject to approval by senior management.
- Coordination of multiple disciplines both internal and external to the company.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Developing and expanding relationships with potential future clients and teaming partners.
- Assisting with capture plans and business development strategies.
- Review project financial metrics (P&L) and make appropriate changes as needed.
- Assists management team in identifying staffing needs based on future workload and manpower projections for project staffing. Reviews managers’ recommendations to recruit, hire, transfer, or terminate project staff; approves/disapproves or endorses recommendations, and presents to senior management for approval as required by established authorization guidelines. Acts as Atkins’ representative to clients. Represents the client to regulatory agencies, public officials, subconsultants, and the general public.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in field of practice. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals or managers with twelve years of experience since B.S. or eleven years since M.S., with at least three of these years in the Senior Project Manager position with highly complex project management responsibility.
- Professional Engineering license is required.
- Certification as a “Project Management Professional” (PMP) or “Certified Construction Manager” (CCM) required within one year of assuming this position.
- At least 10 years of progressive airport (or similar) design experience is required.
- Knowledge of airside and landside design, planning aspects and facilities is a plus.
- Experience working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams required.
- Experience working on large airport (or similar) projects a plus.
- Ability to understand and review project financial metrics is required.
- Must have an ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability; very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills; ability to manage and coordinate efforts of various projects to produce budgeted profits and overall results. Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique. Personal computer proficiency is required.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment