Roadway Construction Inspector
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Sarasota, FL Construction Group as a Roadway Construction Inspector.
Under direct supervision, observes activities at construction projects to determine adherence to contract documents and regulatory agency provisions. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractors' activities and are not responsible for job site safety
- Generally, applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of specified technical tasks in the observation of construction projects of minor to medium complexity.
- Responsible for performing assignments in assisting Senior Inspector in the performance of their duties. Receive general supervision from the Senior Inspector who reviews work while in progress.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus six years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus four years related experience is required.
- One (1) year of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection, or an Engineer Intern with a Civil Engineering degree (requires certificate) having the ability to earn the required qualifications and certifications within one year.
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspection Level I
- Florida Stormwater, Erosion, and Sedimentation Control Training and Certification Program for Inspectors and Contractors
- CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.