Senior Engineer - PHE/Fire
• Degree in Public Health Engineering or equivalent; Previous PHE engineering or design role within consultancy
• Working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) or be able to prove progression towards Chartership;
• Relevant and appropriate experience of more than 15 years as a public health engineer within building services
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the use of BS, UAE Codes of Practice, LEED, NFPA, CIBSE, UPC and IBC.
• Experience of working in Multi-D environment and good understanding of co-ordination and interfaces with other disciplines.
• Experience of infrastructure projects with recent rail experience is mandatory; knowledge of Rail design assurance processes essential;
• Be a competent user of IT tools in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Industry design tools
• Wider knowledge of other disciplines is highly desirable;
• Technical Team Leader/Specialist with an increasing reputation internally and externally within their field and responsible for managing a team of engineers
• Authors technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality Able to present their work and represent their colleagues on the project in presentations and meetings.
• Able to independently deliver work and integrate with larger project teams.
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Undertake PHE design to local and International standards, including ME, UK region.
- Understand and apply British / European, ME and Atkins standards.
- Undertake design of a variety of Public health design elements i.e. Domestic cold and hot water services, Sanitary and Vent, underground drainage, fire fighting for Wet and dry type designs.
- Carry out calculations on industry standard software.
- Liaison with clients, developing and maintaining customer relationships;
- Responsible for completion of projects within his/her team to time and cost.
- Assist the Team leader in presenting design solutions in meeting with clients and contractors;
- Check own PHE designs deliverables and also able to check design prepared within own team and other groups within area of expertise;
- Realistically estimate pricing associated with projects within their area of expertise
- Undertake and mange liaison with System engineers, Third parties and specialist system suppliers and incorporate their requirements in the detail design.
- Carry out feasibility studies and prepare reports for sustainability options
- Undertake rail/metro station, trackside, Depots and other railway infrastructure PHE designs.
- Reliably manage a team/group - manage staff development, personnel management, staff appraisals etc.
- Coordinate with all other disciplines and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Civil and Structural.
- Proactive and Member of IOP, IET or CIBSE with CEng / IEng status or working towards would be preferred.
- Relevant and appropriate experience as a designer within building services ..
- You will be a competent designer to BS, IPC, CIBSE and NFPA standards.
- You will have experience in Revit and successfully delivered projects using BIM skills.
- Demonstrates the necessary level of competence and responsibility according to the grade.
- Very good understanding of UK safety legislation including CDM regulations, and application of safety legislation in design.
- You will manage productivity and quality of deliverables of yours as well as the team members
- Maintains harmony and a productive atmosphere by being open about the work activities and project status.
- Good command of the English Language and an effective communicator both written and verbal.
Utilisez les filtres pour modifier vos critères, ou consultez tous les emplois et affiner votre recherche par la suite. "
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment