Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA office as a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager.
Atkins is currently seeking a NEPA Project Manager/Environmental Planner to join our rapidly expanding NEPA Transportation group in our Atlanta, Georgia office. The candidate must be knowledgeable with State and Federal environmental laws, policies, practices, and procedures related to environmental analysis of transportation projects and must have previous experience conducting environmental evaluations and planning analyses for all phases of transportation projects. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects at the same time under strict deadlines.
The ideal candidate for this position will apply their NEPA and state and federal regulatory knowledge towards proposal preparation, on-call contract execution, and leading the completion of NEPA documentation for transportation projects. The most qualified individual will have strong analytical, verbal, organization, and written skills. The individual must have at least 10 years of related environmental planning experience and must be able to work with minimal supervision. The individual must be able to work in a team or individual setting, have a solid background in technical writing, be able to take initiative, and use problem solving skills when provided a challenge.
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-career professional to take the next step in their career to join a growing and exciting practice team, as you build a rewarding career path with a national environmental leader
The candidate, with minimal supervision, will apply environmental planning principles and fundamental theories as it relates to transportation projects. You will research, compile, analyze, and synthesize data on economic, social, and physical factors associated with implementation of complex or controversial transportation improvements on regional highways, interchanges, and local streets. The position will require a significant amount of analyzing and writing environmental technical studies, correspondences, and reports regarding transportation planning and environmental analyses. This position requires strong documents management skills and the ability to prepare presentations, adhoc reports, scopes, and proposals, as necessary. You will balance your time working and reviewing on specific technical documents (i.e. Noise, Air Quality, Hazards), as well as generalist activities. Keys to your success will be your experience in preparing environmental documentation, ability to develop innovative solutions, and your skills communicating complex environmental analytical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Prepare and review scope, schedule, and budget of work to be completed.
- Coordinate activities and work products with other staff resources and offices, as needed.
- Provide management and technical assistance on CEs/EAs/EISs and documentation in compliance with NEPA, GEPA, and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Perform project delivery activities such as report writing, undertaking and reviewing data collection and survey fieldwork, performing data and literature review, and developing recommendations for clients.
- Prepare legally defensible impact analyses, identify Best Management Practices and suitable avoidance and minimization measures for capital projects in the transportation sectors.
- Conduct desktop environmental screening reviews for regulatory triggers, permits, biological, cultural, water quality, soils, and related resources.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with 8 years experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a Sr. Technical Professional.
The appropriately qualified candidate for this position will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning or a related field, a Masters degree is not required but is a plus;
- 8+ years of experience with a demonstrated working knowledge of NEPA, including community impact analysis, environmental justice and indirect and cumulative effects;
- Aptitude for maintaining a professional attitude and attention to detail while working alone and within a team environment;
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills with clients and colleagues;
- Strong organizational, task and time management, deductive reasoning, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of software.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.