Senior Project Manager - South West / M4 Corridor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we provide cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you will benefit from a development programme across our Transportation and Infrastructure Portfolio designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We are looking for Senior Project Managers to lead and support project teams, and will be based in either our own offices, on site, our client’s offices, or from home, as best fits our client’s needs.
We are looking for collaborative, highly motivated individuals to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the transportation sector.
- Build successful working relationships with local and national highways authority clients.
- Tackle challenges continuously improve our performance and repeatedly achieve positive outcomes for our clients.
- Perform the Project Manager role for transport projects in design and/or construction phases.
- Provide leadership to direct and manage the project team.
- Being an ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member (or working towards membership) of a professional body (e.g. APM, ICE, ICHT or equivalent recognized institutional body
- Experience of delivering highways infrastructure projects from design development through to construction.
- Ideally experience of working Local Authorities, or regional / national transport bodies.
- Ideally experienced with the compilation of contract documentation packages and associated DMRB documents.
- Active involvement on several commissions/projects as Project Manager, ideally using the NEC suite of contracts.
- Good understanding of P3M and applicable and tools and techniques within various disciplines.
- Good understanding of risk management principles and experience with QRA process.
- Good understanding and appreciation of scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of highways, construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Understanding of the broader Faithful+Gould and Atkins business including having an awareness of the Strategic objectives.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Full UK driving license and be willing to travel within region to support project delivery.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment