Senior Transit Quality Assurance Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Quality Team in our Federal Way, WA office as a Senior Quality Assurance Manager .
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Manager provides quality assurance and quality control expertise in the oversight of FTA-funded major capital Design-Build transit projects. The Senior QA Manager reviews the Design Build Program Management quality plans and supporting documentation to ensure that projects are being built safely, on budget, on schedule, within scope, and in conformance with applicable regulations and guidelines. The Senior QA Manager shall be responsible for administering instruction and procedure development; product quality monitoring; inspection techniques; and inspection data management and analysis. The Senior QA Manager shall be the independent quality authority and have the organizational freedom to identify and evaluate quality problems and to initiate and recommend timely and positive solutions to quality assurance functions. The Senior QA Manager will oversee and conduct audits of Design-Build design and construction quality control/assurance activities of contractors. Additional tasks include training/educating staff on quality expectations, and quality fundamentals and providing subject matter expertise to assist program and construction management staff in improving the project quality program efforts.
- Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by managing projects and teams delivering: validation of information and analysis on strategic audits and reviews; reviewing and approving Gap analysis and audit plans; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits when required; and training program management staff.
- Prepare, conduct, report and follow up on audits.
- Validate subconsultant quality management systems utilizing established audit procedures; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Perform quality compliance assessments on Design-Builder Contractor, and Program/Construction staff interviews; subconsultant assessments; collaborating with other members of the quality team to develop new means and methods and training procedures.
- Plan and conduct surveillances/inspections to various field, offsite, subconsultant, and office locations. This may include night hours, weekends, and inclement weather.
- Involved in developments in quality management and compliance standards within the industry; participates in educational opportunities; maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Other responsibilities include monitoring the overall Quality Management System for effectiveness and compliance to all system and procedures as well as Client requirements. Preparing and revising internal system procedures to meet organizational needs and requirements.
- Maintain and improve quality by completing inspections compliance assessments, and staff interview; collaborating with other members of management to develop new means, methods and training procedures
- Plan and participate in visits to various field, offsite, vendor, manufacturing facilities, and office locations.
- Monitors and assures the Design Team’s adherence to the requirements of the Design Quality Plan, with the assistance of Independent Quality Engineers.
- Communicate regularly (monthly at a minimum) with the client on the implementation and effectiveness of the construction and design quality plans and issued non-conformances;
- Maintain the Construction Quality Management Plan and the Design Quality Plan, including all associated design quality procedures.
- Assess, evaluate, and certify the design QC activities and Work Products’ adherence to the Design Quality Plan and the Contract Documents.
- Identify, issue, monitor, track, report, and close non-conformances with the Independent Quality Engineers, Resident Engineer, Executive Management Team and Project Manager, or others as required, to resolve non-conformances.
- Verify the implementation of any corrective and preventive actions.
- Lead the quality improvement effort.
- Conduct scheduled audits for Work Products including, but not limited to, permanent and major temporary elements, changes in design of permanent elements, and as-built plans.
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly Reports and other project documentation as required.
- May perform such other duties as may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical Engineering or science related program (Process Management, Construction Management) required plus a minimum of ten years’ experience in the field of quality control. Master’s degree preferred. Without a degree, twenty five years of related experience in the field of quality control.
- Must possess experience in quality assurance/control, auditing design projects, developing QMS, and inspection/testing/product conformity with US based Design Build Transit projects. Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills and knowledge of Project Management (IT/IS) systems required.
- Must possess a minimum of five years’ experience as a Quality Manager.
- Strong networking, interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration skills required. Possess an ability to effectively conduct different types of audits in a professional, ethical and objective manner using and interpreting applicable standards/requirements. Ability to manage and execute an audit and teams of auditors within a defined scope, including resource scheduling, conducting necessary meetings in performance of the audit and using appropriate auditing techniques. Expert understanding of how quality principles relate to business protocols and possess the ability to explain the importance of aligning QMS functions to the organization. Possess interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, conduct interviews and make presentations effectively. Strong process and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and determine course of action. Strong ability to collaborate with clients. Strong organizational and time management skill with ability to perform under pressure and to adjust to changing priorities. Requires strong PC skills and ability to work in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Project. Knowledge of SharePoint and ProjectWise preferred.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality engineer (CQE)
- Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE)
- ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.