Senior Water Resources/Transportation Drainage Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Texas Water Resources Group as a Senior Water Resources/Transportation Drainage Engineer in Austin, TX.
In this role you will apply full competency in conventional engineering work and broad knowledge of precedents in specialty area. On design assignments, understand how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, you will have a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems. On projects involving engineering services related to construction activities, you will have a thorough understanding of construction methods and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals and deadlines.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Performs quality control and guidance of junior staff related to hydrologic/hydraulic models or methods.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May manage or assist in the management of projects.
- May perform other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years experience since M.S. Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills required. Experience and familiarity with the following programs is required: Microstation, Geopak, and Inroads Storm & Sanitary.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and AutoCAD. The qualified candidate is proficient in transportation drainage design.
- P.E. license is required, CFM and TxDOT precertified preferred.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.