Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Architecture Team in Atlanta, Alexandria or Tampa as a Sr Architect.
Our expanding architectural team is looking for candidates that can lead projects in developing designs and project development as well as provide hands-on participation. Our Atkins project leaders engage in projects across our entire geography both across North America as well as internationally.
Atkins teams work collaboratively engaging staff from across our North American network of architects, engineers, and technical expert so candidates familiar with working with both local and remote teams will be ideal. Our multidisciplinary Atlanta staff of over 350 are conveniently located near Northside Drive at I-285.
Strong candidates for the position will have more than 12 years demonstrated experience in technically challenging project types. Some of the project types that the candidate may lead include Federal (such as DOD, National guard, etc.), State and Municipal, College and University, Aviation and Transit Stations
Under general direction, provides technical expertise to diverse architectural projects throughout the assigned area of responsibility and/or company-wide. May function as lead architect or consultant.
- Ability to provide leadership with clients and effectively represent the firm
- Oversee project teams both locally and in other office locations
- Defines scope of project, with full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating project assignments.
- Selects problems for investigation, developing novel approaches and solutions to architectural problems in consultation with the director of Architecture.
- Conducts quality control checks, reviewing calculations, designs, specifications and construction documents for accuracy and completeness, and performing on-site inspections of projects under construction to ensure aesthetic value and quality construction.
- Plans and organizes the work of junior architects and technicians.
- Plans and organizes the production staff required for the project.
- Participate in BIM production both hands-on and supervising the work of others
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture; Master's degree in Architecture or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Architects with ten years of experience since bachelor’s degree or nine years of experience with master’s degree.
- Typical incumbent has fifteen or more years' experience.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
- Interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability desired
- Knowledge of BIM (Revit skilled) and personal computer proficiency
- May be eligible for project management training.
- Registration as a licensed architect is required.
- 12 years demonstrated experience in technically challenging project types.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.