Sr. Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Specialist
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, or Savannah, GA Team as a Sr. Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Specialist.
Under direction, applies technical expertise and incident management experience to support project teams on conventional and unconventional operational tasks. Also performs the program functions of project coordination, quality control, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and marketing assistance. Functions as a mentor to technical professionals to assist in their training and development and expansion of programs statewide.
- Organize and lead statewide strategic TIM activities such as delivering SHRP2 and/or other first responder training, leading coordination activities between client and stakeholders (at a statewide and regional level), and supporting the maintenance of TIM strategic and training plans.
- Directs project teams and client compliance with contract terms, memorandums of understandings, performance metric expectations, and contractual commitments.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate actions are communicated to the project teams and clients.
- Collects and analyzes data and performance metrics; prepares reports and makes program enhancement recommendations; and acts proactively to improve safety outcomes and program performance statewide.
- Provide teamwork and support to other analysts statewide to ensure continuity of operations when stationed resources are limited.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in field(s) of practice with 10 years of experience. Graduate degree desirable. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with 15 years’ experience in law enforcement, incident management, fire services, and/or emergency response.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products and personal computer proficiency.
- General Competencies expected of all employees are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation and Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality and Teamwork. (Note that “Clients” may be internal managers and staff.)
- Professional Registration in field of practice preferred if available.
- Job may require 15%-25% statewide travel.
- Job will require working outdoors on occasion to assist with things like field inspections, field exercises, or incident scene response which requires the use of issued personal protection equipment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, responsibilities, or physical demands that are required of the employee for this job as these may change at any time with or without notice.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.