Sr Water/Wastewater Engineer/ Team Lead
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer/ Team Lead is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Atlanta, Georgia.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- As a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer, the candidate will apply standard engineering practices and techniques which may include the following:
- Developing Technical Engineering Documents including Reports, Specifications, Permits, Cost
- Estimates, Quantities, and Construction Plans
- Participating in conducting engineering investigations and planning work by completing well-defined tasks. These tasks may include collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions
- Performing data acquisition and analysis, researching the feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and/or regulatory agency specifications or regulations
- Organizing and performing engineering assessments, investigations and planning work
- Assisting with the preparation of hydraulic calculations with an emphasis on both pressure and gravity flow pipeline networks
- Performing quality control, maintaining quality standards in work produced, checking computations or reviews design drawings
- Preparing material for reports and permit applications, gathering information, writing rough outline, and/or preparing work progression documents and graphic presentations
- Preparing outlines, reports and/or assigned sections of reports
- Preparing outlines, presentations and/or assigned sections of presentations
- Performing field observations of construction procedures where appropriate
- Supporting the design and development of plans and drawings, including development of preliminary layouts and/or final drawings
- Contributing to the development of specifications and permit applications, and writing miscellaneous reports
- Coordinating with other disciplines as required
- Performing such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
- Upholding engineering ethics and professional standards of conduct
- Work closely with other units of the company to develop marketing and business development strategies to target client and business opportunities in the Atlanta, GA area.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. This level may be achieved by Engineers with 10 years of experience since B.S. or 9 years since M.S.
- The typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years’ experience/
- Specific experience with the design of treatment works with a high level of understanding of process and mechanical engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills with proficiency in public speaking and presentations are a requirement.
- Active in Professional Organizations preferred (i.e. AWWA, ASCE, WEF, GAWP, etc.).
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
- Process, pump station and treatment plant experience is required.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office is required. Experience with Civil 3D and/or Microstation a plus.
- P.E. License in GA is required
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Nos articles récents
Emplois consultés récemment