Structural BIM Technician
We require a Structural BIM Technician directly reporting within the team structure to the Lead Structural Technician/Engineer and Principal Structural Engineer. He will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of structural detailing solutions that achieve technical compliance with Atkins Design Principles. This role will be based in KSA.
- Working within the Structural Group undertaking the structural modelling and detailing of projects in the building sectors.
- Supporting the BIM Technical Specialist by providing technical expertise on projects to ensure that they are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards
- Undertaking Structural Modelling and Structural Detailing on global projects
- Working with the Technical Specialist on the delivery of major projects using CAD and BIM software packages, as required.
- Reviewing the work of other CAD delivery teams
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to the agreed outputs on time and to quality standards.
- Assist with the preparation of expressions of interest and proposals as required.
- Recognised degree in Structural Engineering.
- Technical knowledge of Structural Detailing of Building-Type Projects.
- Minimum of 5-10 years professional experience.
- Experience and technical knowledge in Structural Detailing.
- Track record of successful contribution to the technical delivery of contract compliant Structural Engineering designs to budget and programme targets.
- Technical knowledge of Structural Detailing with particular reference to Structural Concrete and associated BIM/Detailing Software.
- Technical knowledge and experience of detailing to European/US-based design codes/standards.
- Confidence to work within multi-disciplinary design environments
Planning and time management skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Decisive, clear and consistent in approach to Structural Detailing.
- Sound communicator.
- Technical judgement.
- Willingness to participate in all aspects of Structural Engineering workload delivery.
- Understand the importance of technical accuracy with a high attention to detail.
- Passionate about Structural Engineering and drive to exceed the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
Rewards & Benefits:
- We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.