Structures Inspections Project Manager
Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways Agency and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are currently looking for Structures Inspection Project Manager to join our Asset Team.
· Role Purpose
Assist the Structures Inspection Team Leader with the management of the structures inspections in order to meet contractual requirements. The role focuses primarily on the management, programming, planning and coordination of Structures Inspections in line with the DBFO contract and Highways England’s standards. The role will also require the review / authorisation of inspections, update of deterioration models and performance dashboards, and the prioritisation of defects in the Asset Management Forward Plan. Managing resources (in-house and subcontract) and liaising with third party stakeholders will also be required. Dealing with emergency works and co-ordinating routine maintenance activities.
- Supporting the management of the inspection regime for Specified Structures and Strategic Structures;
- Programme, plan and coordinate the delivery of structures inspections;
- Review and authorise inspection work;
- Manage the update of inspection compliance, performance dashboards and reporting;
- Provide support in the development of Asset Management Systems;
- Develop and implement a risk based strategy for inspection work;
- The role may require undertaking inspection work as and when required to assist in the delivery of the inspection programme;
- Develop and coach junior staff to undertake structures inspection work;
- Undertake tasks in accordance with the current legislation for highway structures and Health & Safety requirements;
- Ensure inspector training is undertaken with updates of any unusual defects found;
- Review risk assessments and method statements for site activities undertaken by contractors or sub contractors;
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the role.
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities
- Good IT and presentation skills.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma/Certificate in Civil or Structural Engineering with extensive experience in the inspection and maintenance of Highway Structures.
- Experience of access arrangements preferable
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered status.
- Have a good understanding of Health & Safety
- Hold a valid CSCS card.