Substation CAD Drafter/ Designer
As part of the SNC-Lavalin group of companies, SNC-Lavalin designs, develops, and delivers engineering, including system planning and studies, procurement, and construction solutions for high voltage power substation projects from our United States office locations.
SNC-Lavalin has exciting full-time career opportunities for CAD Drafters and Electrical Designers. Based out of our Augusta, Maine office, the Drafter/Electrical Designer is part of a multi-discipline team responsible for the design and documentation of new and existing customer facilities (high voltage power transmission lines and substations). The Drafter/Electrical Designer will be required to efficiently complete assigned projects ensuring compliance with engineering practices and procedures, using predefined guidelines and standards.
Working in our fast-paced team environment, the Drafter/Electrical Designer is accountable for the timely delivery of high-quality electrical design drawings. This individual will be required to perform tasks within strict time frames and manage their time and commitments efficiently. The position may also require extended hours as the need arises.
Primary responsibilities for the Drafter/Electrical Designer are:
- Translating engineering sketches and markups into properly documented drawings (including schematics, wiring, AC & DC single line diagrams, arrangement drawings, structure/assembly drawings, plan and profiles, route maps, foundation and grounding system etc for substations and transmission lines) that include the plan and elevation views utilizing predefined standards.
- Assisting Engineers on projects by taking their preliminary design drawings and completing the detailed design.
- Ensuring drawings are produced in accordance with applicable drafting codes and standards.
- Assisting Engineers and project team members with the preparation and assembling of Issued for Construction documents and Drawing Packages.
- Providing information and assistance to Engineers throughout the project for required approvals and sign-off.
- Reviewing and assessing field construction marks to develop As-Built Drawing Packages.
- Opportunity to attend occasional project site visits to gather design details, as required.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Drafting diploma from a recognized technical institute or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office; use of MicroStation would be an asset.
- Knowledge of PLS Cadd or similar design software would be an asset.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- General knowledge of electrical/civil design.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.