3D Drafter (Mechanical/ Electrical)
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking a 3D Drafter to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting into the Site Engineering team, you will provide an integral position directly on site to the project.
- Assist engineers in developing solutions to design problems
- Prepare primarily mechanical and electrical drawings using AutoCAD
- Coordinates design work with related engineering disciplines
- Perform quality checks to ensure documents reflect design intent
- Perform site investigations and construction inspections
- Contract administration duties such as performing shop drawing reviews, prepare site instructions, and review progress
- Routinely archive and retrieve data from electronic database for support of work
- Interface between construction, detail engineering and planning for preparation of job cards with regards to method and sequence
- Ensure Structural material traceability
- Check and ensure quality of the job cards prior to issuing to construction
- Technical and field-support to fabrication and installation sites
- Must hold a diploma in preferrably an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited Canadian Institution, with a C.E.T. designation
- Understanding of BIM
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Strong understanding and proficiency in AutoCAD is required
- Good understanding and proficiency in Navisworks, and Microstation is highly desired
- Be familiar with current codes and standards
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, multi-discipline and fast-paced team project environment
Please note this position will be based at our Argentia, NL construction site.