Accountant - Fixed Term
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accountant is responsible for supporting the Finance Group in the areas of A/R Billing, G/L Account reconciliation and analysis, and preparing reports as required.
This position is a fixed term maternity leave coverage for approximately 1 year.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with monitoring and billing the recovery of special project costs to the client.
- Assemble information from numerous sources necessary to calculate and prepare periodic revenue billing of recoverable costs and special events.
- Review and analyze results including actual to budget/forecast variances.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in JDE as required.
- Perform daily reconciliation of company bank accounts.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance a variety of lists, schedules, summaries and reports including, but not limited to, Scientific Research & Experimental Development Tax Credits, Claims Management, KPI, Supplier Performance, Monthly Cash Flow, using a variety of software programs including Microsoft Office Word Processing, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Reconcile, analyze various general ledger accounts.
- Ensure compliance with current government regulations in regards to Bill 198.
- Maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality of all financial information.
- Undertake specific tasks as required that are commensurate with the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Enrolment/completed Professional Accounting Program (CPA).
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Accounting and Financial Analysis.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office/MS Suite and working knowledge of ERP system.
- Outstanding organizational skills and highly proficient at multi-tasking and meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to adapt and change.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills are essential.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP Software systems is preferred.
A combination of experience and education may also be considered.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com