Accounts Payable Clerk
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Oak Ridge, TN Nuclear Group as an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Is responsible for preparing bills, invoices, statements and vouchers for payment according to established procedures. Reconciles bills, checks balances, resolves discrepancies and maintains vendor files. Prepares checks for signature and communicates to vendors and performs expense report audits according to established policies.
• Receives and verifies invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
• Verifies transactions comply with company financial policies and procedures.
• Accurately enters vendor invoices for payment.
• Processes backup reports after data entry.
• Assists in management of weekly check run.
• Prepares and mails vendor checks.
• Assists with year end reporting requirements.
• Meets accounting deadlines weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Works under general supervision.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED & DESIRED SKILLS
• Basic proficiency using Microsoft Office products
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of accounts payable processing fundamentals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent experience
• Completion of some college accounting coursework preferred
• Experience working in Accounts Payable for a large company required
• Deltek Costpoint preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles