Accounts Payable Clerk
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, Florida Accounting and Finance Group as an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Ensures the accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices by receiving and matching high volume invoices, obtaining approvals, coding accounts, preparing disbursements, and maintaining accounts payable related records.
- Matching invoices to purchase order, coding, and routing to the appropriate department for approval.
- Review invoices for accuracy.
- Answers telephone inquiries and interacts with vendors about accounts payable issues.
- Organizes and maintains all accounts payable files.
- May perform other assignments as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus four years work experience, at least some of which spent in an accounting or office-related function, OR Associate's degree in a related administrative field plus two years related experience is required.
- Prior accounts payable experience required.
- Prior experience working with multiple foreign currency highly desired.
- Experience working in Oracle desired.
- The ideal candidate should have prior experience with a large global firm, i.e. 5,000+ employees.
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience using Excel as a data source required (i.e. sort, filter).
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.