Accounts Payable Coordinator
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Why join us?
This position is based out of our Toronto Office and reports to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable. The Accounts Payable Coordinator will interact frequently with key internal clients such as Corporate Finance, Property and Regional Operations Managers/Directors and other support staff. External clients include third party vendors/contractors.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Scan and image invoices on a daily basis
- Match accurately invoices to purchase orders
- Code invoices according to the chart of accounts
- Process manual invoices in a timely and accurate manner
What will you contribute?
- Minimum education is a Basic Accounting Diploma or equivalent with at least one to two years of work experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and accounting software (preferably JD Edwards).
- Able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and manage stress.
- Demonstrates and understands the importance of accuracy and attention to detail in work responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team player whose work ethics include being flexible to assist and train fellow employees and adaptable to lend a helping hand in resolving accounting issues.
- Displays good judgment when to make decisions on their own and when to escalate decisions or actions for consultation and approval.
- Possesses a working knowledge of vendor contracts and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Displays sound customer service skills such as active listening, probing and problem solving.
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written). Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- Able to obtain required security clearance.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com