Accounts Payable Lead
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Accounts Payables Supervisor to join our growing team. You will assist with the implementation and maintenance of accounting systems, procedures and policies, as well as, training and directing the work of an accounts payable team for the project.
The Payables Supervisor will report into the finance manager and will be an active player in the finance team. The Payables Supervisor is expected to oversee the day-to-day activities of the team she/he is responsible for, provide leadership to the department by example, create an environment of openness and trust, foster a team culture across all team members, and maintain an environment of continuous process improvement and outstanding customer service.
- Establish work priorities, supervise and manage a small accounts payable team;
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying vendors by scheduling and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Plan the activities of the supervised team and coordinate activities with other groups and departments;
- Ensure the timely, efficient and accurate processing and payment of all Accounts Payable transactions;
- Ensure all company controls are maintained within area of responsibility;
- Research, analyze and resolve complex accounts payable and vendor related issues as well as internal / external enquiries that cannot be resolved by the payables clerks;
- Provide people leadership through coaching, on the job training and performance development of the accounts payable team;
- Facilitate continuous improvement of processes through the identification of continuous improvement initiatives;
- Take appropriate measures to increase individual performance, and support professional development of the supervised employees;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve desired results, while balancing multiple priorities and deadlines;
- In-depth knowledge of the procure-to-pay process;
- Performance Management skills – providing feedback, setting goals, performance reviews;
- Understanding of financial controls and assurance as it pertains to the payables cycle;
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to work independently under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated process improvement mindset;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to foster working relationships with internal and external customers;
- Proficiency in English (basic French writing and speaking is an advantage);
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of software (Excel, Word);
- Previous Oracle Financial and JDE experience would be considered an asset;
- Flexibility and ability to implement new policies, procedures, and systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in all functions of accounts payable
- Relevant experience to supervise a small team;
- Accounting / finance educational background;
- Experience working with Oracle ERP system is highly desirable
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.