Under the general supervision of the Manager, Administrative & Executive Support, Administrative Support Supervisor and/or Project Director/Manager (as applicable), the Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of complex administrative tasks requiring a thorough knowledge of company and/or project policies and procedures. This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team, exercising judgment and initiative and may be required to provide support for several departments.
Including, as applicable:
- Anticipate and effectively work with conflicting and changing priorities, ensuring that deadlines, priorities and objectives are met.
- Monitor manager’s email* to provide information and obtain relevant material, without prompting and to act upon any foreseeable events/conflicts. High discretion and good judgement used to anticipate, prepare for and respond to unexpected events and changes in direction. *Email access provided based upon individual manager’s preference.
- Using integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy; work/interact with all levels of management and staff – both internally and externally and customers/clients.
- Liaise with other departments/business sectors within Candu Energy, SNC-Lavalin and/or Projects. Maintain good working relationships with their respective AA’s/PA’s/EAA’s.
- If applicable, discreetly handle confidential documents and information.
- Manage complex and conflicting schedules – using cooperation, prioritization, foresight and decision making skills.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and events – using cooperation, prioritization, foresight and decision making skills. Provide and/or prepare required meeting material.
- Coordinate material or enter/provide input into any applicable weekly/monthly/annual reports.
- Maintain and update databases.
- Coordinate travel arrangements; provide necessary documents (flight itineraries, car/hotel arrangements, meeting itineraries, background/biographies, etc.), obtain visas.
- Prepare and/or validate expense reports ensuring accuracy and compliance to corporate and/or project policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Timesheet administrator. Run weekly timesheet audit reports.
- Prepare daily packages – schedules, relative meeting material, etc.
- Maintain monthly safety meeting records and follow-up on any actions. Participate in workplace inspections as required.
- Perform advanced level word processing (letters, CVs, memos, faxes, minutes of meetings, specifications, reports and manuals).
- Provide accurate reports on a timely basis, maintaining consistency in project documentation for format and content, including editing and proofreading documents.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries and make decisions when necessary.
- Maintain and update vacation schedule for salaried employees (both site and office).
- Order office supplies
- PowerPoint presentations
- Maintain project files in document control systems.
- Proofread documents for correct formatting, English usage, grammar and spelling.
- Undertake special assignments as required or as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience.
- Post-secondary education or related business diplomas/certificates.
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Calendar).
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and Document Control modules would be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner.
- Experience working in a consulting firm and/or knowledge of engineering terminology and document types would be considered an asset.
- Experience with ORACLE would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Concur would be considered an asset.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs