Administrator – Contracts and Commercial
Administrator – Contracts and Commercial
The Nuclear Business Unit at SNC-Lavalin is looking for an individual who will excel in the role of Administrator. In this role you would be coordinating assignment conditions for employees.
Reporting to Vice President, Commercial and Contracts this role is a growth opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal skills and sound business acumen who is motivated to advance and increase their contribution to the Contracts and Commercial team.
The role involves providing effective assignment conditions management services in support of the company’s mandate to implement the assignment conditions negotiated between the Company and the collective bargaining unit for employees represented by The Society of Professional Engineers and Associates (SPEA). This role also requires collaborating with various internal stakeholders of the business in the implementation of ongoing monitoring, performance; reporting and control on assignment conditions.
As required, Assignment Conditions Coordinator could also be involved in any number of tasks in support of the Contracts and Commercial team, or the business in general.
- As a process owner, set up process, lead, monitor, report and control the assignment conditions process for all SPEA represented employees.
- Be the single point of contact for all matters relating to assignment conditions for unionized employees.
- Collaborate with HR, project and functional teams in the preparation and review of assignment conditions.
- Interface with employees on a regular basis to address any questions on interpretation of assignment conditions.
- Coach and provide training to various stakeholders on application and interpretation of assignment conditions, entitlements, change/deviation management.
- Determine appropriate assignment condition treatment and monitor costs associated with assignment conditions to ensure consistency.
- Engage the appropriate stakeholders to review and disposition any deviation requests from employees on a case by case basis.
- Maintain documents, records and reports related to assignment conditions.
- Ensure consistency in management and application of the different types of the domestic and international assignment conditions and identify and analyze any potential disputes and resolution strategies associated with entitlements under these assignment conditions.
- Interface with internal stakeholders as required including business management, Human Resources, Payroll, Cost Estimating, and Finance functions.
- Ensure that the assignment condition costs are correctly represented in project and proposal costing.
- Work with the Labour Relations team to ensure terms of the collective agreements are followed, understood and implemented. Participate in any grievance-related matters related to assignment conditions.
- Record, and maintain reports of past contract precedents to support and mitigate claims.
- Provide support to the Commercial and Contracts Management team in proposal development, claims management and in the analysis of risks and the development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Perform other business related tasks as required.
- Bachelor degree is a requirement.
- Preference for a university degree in Finance, Law, MBA or equivalent, with at least two years of exposure to labour relations in a unionized environment and/or commercial contract administration.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of the organization and influence decisions.
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated professional and emotional maturity and judgment to handle sensitive situations with diplomacy, tact and high ethical standards;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Experience working in unionized environment is desirable.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and tight timelines.
- Attention to detail.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs