Air Quality Specialist/Engineer (Entry-Level)
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX EcoSciences Group as an Air Quality Specialist/Engineer (Entry-Level).
Under supervision, the Entry-Level Air Quality Specialist/Engineer assists with air quality projects and works with teams on complex environmental projects. The successful candidate is self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, shows enthusiasm and initiative, and is able to assist with a variety of air quality permitting and compliance projects primarily for industrial clients.
- Assists with the determination of federal and state air quality regulatory applicability and the development of strategies and systems for compliance.
- Assists with preparation of air quality New Source Review permit applications, Prevention of Significant
- Deterioration/Non-Attainment permit applications, Title V operating permits, compliance reports, registrations, and other plans for approval.
- Calculates air contaminant emissions for stationary and mobile sources and prepares air emissions inventories including Greenhouse Gases emission reporting.
- Evaluates air emissions control technologies (BACT and LAER).
- Performs air dispersion modeling and assists with preparation of modeling analyses and reports.
- Performs mobile source air emissions calculations including MSAT emissions and hot-spot analyses.
- Assists with environmental compliance audits.
- Works collaboratively with engineering firms, equipment vendors, other 3rd parties (e.g., laboratories, stack testing companies) in support of clients’ air quality needs.
- Assists with the development of various plans and documents in support of clients’ regulatory requirements.
- Performs within budget and schedule expectations.
- Assists with preparation of proposals for environmental support.
- Assists with business development by assisting in developing internal marketing materials, and representing Atkins at professional trade associations, conferences, tradeshows, and webinars.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related air quality engineering. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years of experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills.
- Experience in Petrochemical, Manufacturing and/or the Oil and Gas industry is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Clean Air Act issues including MACT/BACT/LAER requirements, Greenhouse Gas, Prevention of Significant Deterioration, and New Source Review.
- Knowledge and understanding of State and Federal air quality regulations; at a minimum, must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Texas air regulations.
- Current and relevant work experience with a focus on stationary source permitting support, estimating air emissions, Title V permitting and deviation reporting, development of source category specific emission factors, air dispersion modeling, mobile source emissions and MSAT analyses, greenhouse gas emissions evaluation and reporting, emissions reporting for various industrial facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including report writing, oral presentations, and direct verbal communication.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency and intimate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications; proficiency with AERMOD, MOVES, and other air quality models and database software is a plus.
- EIT in Texas is desired, or ability to obtain EIT within one year of assuming this position.
- 2-4 years of hands-on air quality permitting related experience.
- Ability to walk through, under, over or around equipment and piping and climb ladders or steps in an industrial facility or in the field, as required for site inspections and walk-throughs.
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 6 months of assuming this position.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to plan, prioritize and review project plans and documents, evaluate alternatives, and devise appropriate solutions.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles