Airport Associate Engineer (AGL - Airfield Ground Lighting)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Airport Systems Engineer (AGL - Airfield Ground Lighting)
Atkins are seeking to appoint an experienced Airport Systems Engineer with specific knowledge of AGL systems. This role will support the continued growth of Atkins as industry leaders in Airport and Infrastructure development projects.
As a member of our Building Services team, the Airport Systems Engineer will work closely with our airports group on varied civil and military projects across the UK and further afield.
With flexibility in location, the successful candidate will work with our multidisciplinary teams of architects and engineers providing comprehensive and fully integrated design services to our clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Airport Systems Engineer to work within an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way.
The successful individual will have the following experience and responsibilities (but not limited to):
- An excellent working knowledge of airside and landside airport systems with proven experience, ideally having worked on major design projects.
- A thorough understanding of AGL and AGLCMS.
- A robust knowledge of electrical services design and experience of fully co-ordinated design delivery.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of various UK and international design standards such as MADS, EASA, MAA RA’s, FAA or ICAO.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to plan strategically to support the needs of the business.
- Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Interest in managing the development of design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
- Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable.
- Any experience of Radars, Navigational Aids, ATC Tower Systems, Radio and Voice Communications Control systems or Meteorological systems will also be beneficial.
- Provide technical expertise in relation to projects involving AGL systems and other airport systems.
- Work alongside colleagues from other disciplines to deliver project design solutions in a timely manner to high quality levels.
- Continue to develop technical capability in new technologies and design environments as part of a process of continual professional development.
- Develop marketing material with our business development teams to support the pursuit of new project opportunities.
- Support for tenders and proposals requiring airport systems content.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.