Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Miami, FL or Fort Lauderdale, FL Aviation Group as an Airport Civil Engineering Project Manager.
Under direction, provides professional and project management expertise in the direction of highly unconventional projects requiring multiple technical units and/or subcontractors, heavy regulatory agency involvement or extremely complex technical requirements. Functions as mentor to project managers and technical professionals to assist in their training and development. Also performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, financial management and marketing.
- Directs and oversees the assignments, activities, and resources of the Aviation Sector in and around Orlando.
- Provides leadership, direction and guidance to project managers within the Aviation Sector to ensure proper execution of projects.
- Actively works with the Aviation Sector Manager, business unit managers and sales directors to develop and implement strategy and to identify opportunities for staffing projects, pursuits, and to encourage cross-selling.
- Ultimately responsible for client relations, quality control and safety, and financial performance for the assigned projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with 8 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good public speaking ability; strong project financial management skills; knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- PE is required.
- Over 8 years of technical and leadership experience, with at least five of these years in a senior operating management position.
- 8 years airport design experience required.
- Business development/client management experience required.
- Extensive experience managing staff, operations, and contributing to business development activities of a sector in a single location.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large scope operations and provide leadership to multiple levels of management and technical professionals.
- Must have business vision, excellent communication skills, and be able to represent the firm effectively to staff, clients, and the community in general.
- Promote high performance and consistent accountability at all levels within the sector.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles