This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Aviation Group in Orlando, FL as an Airport Planner.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the solution of planning problems and the coordination of related project activities.
- Responsible for Airport Master Plan and ALP production tasks for both General Aviation and Part 139 airports throughout the United States.
- Primary responsibilities would include assisting with the development of airport master plans, on-call aviation planning services, and support for project managers in general planning tasks.
- Performs work which involves conventional design and plans requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Carries out diversified projects, or phases of a single project.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related field. This level may be achieved by Planners with two years experience since Bachelor's or one year since Master's. Typical degreed incumbent has 4-5 years experience.
- Proven technical writing and communications skills. May be eligible for project management training.
- AICP Certification desired.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills desired.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
- Experience in Airport Layout Plan and Master Plan Production; knowledge and experience using FAA advisory Circulars & FAA Orders pertinent to aviation planning required; obstruction analysis experience (including Part 77 and TERPS analysis); and working knowledge of Aviation Simulation Tools (AviPLAN, AEDT, INM, Pathplanner, Capacity Modeling) is also desired.
- Candidate should be skilled in data gathering, research and analysis.
- Ability to travel is a plus.
- Private pilot’s license is also a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles