Analyst/Executive - FP&A
Analyst/Executive - FP&A
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
As a member of the EDPM Sector finance team (UK) and reporting to the Sector FP&A Manager, this role will support the FP&A Director in providing the Finance Director of the EDPM sector with an accurate, reliable and complete understanding of business performance complimented with incisive analysis to focus management attention on any areas of concern and support decision making.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Through all phases of the reporting cycle support the FP&A Manager in reviewing business performance to identify any notable trends or items of concern and understand key sensitivities.
- Develop and manage the Hyperion Financial Management module and Excel interfaces for five-year plan (design and test operation and liaise with BU FDs) – [primarily March to September].
- Provision of ad hoc analysis as requested by FP&A Director, Sector SVP Finance or Corporate Development Director.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as requested by FP&A Director, Sector SVP Finance or Corporate Development Director.
- Assist in the preparation of key presentations on behalf of the Sector SVP Finance, ensuring they are submitted by the required deadlines
- Ensure the FP&A Director and Sector SVP Finance are provided with reliable and timely reports showing the performance of each Business, by supporting the Finance graduate in the preparation of key reports.
- Assist in the preparation of the MPCM pack for reporting into SNC-Lavalin, particularly the analysis of overheads and backlog. Ensure we have clear reconciliation of the MPCM P&L and backlog to the EDPM management accounts presentation.
- Assist in the preparation of the Sector SVP Finance presentation for the Operational Leadership Team and Business FD meetings and ensure it is submitted by the required deadline. Liaise with the Sector SVP Finance after each meeting to capture any changes and/or additional analyses required for the next presentation.
- Support the QBR and forecast process specifically ensuring the FP&A Director and Sector SVP Finance are provided with timely reports summarising the performance of each of the businesses.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to support FP&A Director and Sector SVP Finance through the reporting process.
- Support the FP&A team in the preparation of the Ops BD presentation for SNC-Lavalin.
- Ensure templates are maintained and distributed to the business well ahead of the EDPM submission deadline.
- Support the budget process specifically ensuring the FP&A Director and Sector SVP Finance are provided with timely reports summarising the performance of each of the businesses.
- Assist in the preparation of ‘briefing packs’ ahead of each budget review meeting, identifying any trends or specific items in business performance worthy of note.
- Ensure templates are maintained and distributed to the business well ahead of the EDPM submission deadline. Assist in preparation of the budget pack for SNC-Lavalin (primary focus on business performance section).
What will you contribute?
- Qualified Accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CMA).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in FP&A, with prior experience of working for a large multinational or Big 4 accounting firm.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Data Visualization, Business Intelligence & Reporting skills.
- The candidate must have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of HFM and PBCS would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
- Organised - must be able to work in a structured way.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines and take responsibility - must be able to identify the deadline for a piece of work to be completed.
- Candidate must have a suitable infrastructure to enable remote working when required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India a
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs