Why join us?
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Tampa staff as cultural resource specialist/technician, with experience in archaeology and/or anthropology. Under the direction of the Sr. Architectural Historian, in Tampa you will have the opportunity to conduct cultural resource desktop reviews, assist with document coordination, and assist with background research and field surveys for a wide range of projects primarily related to transportation and development for clients in both the private and public sectors. This job provides opportunities to gain experience and grow in the cultural resource and NEPA profession.
This position is located at our office in Tampa, FL.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conducting preliminary project reviews for potential cultural resource issues. This can be for a variety of project types, including but not limited to transportation and development projects. This includes the use of ArcGIS, online resources, and library or archival research.
- Preparing all types of historical and/or archaeological research, conducting cultural resource surveys, and preparing related documentation.
- Following all quality control and safety procedures and guidelines established by Atkins.
- Maintaining fieldwork documentation and reporting according to Atkins standards.
- Tracking and maintaining progress for assigned tasks, independently resolve issues, show initiative, and work to creatively increase efficiency in assigned tasks.
- Coordinating and communicating with management and co-workers in a coherent and expeditious manner.
- Work on projects through all phases from initiation to completion including conducting background research, field investigations, report writing and seeking concurrence.
- Be prepared to spend time in the field and travel to project sites. Assignments may be out of town and you are expected to travel to where the work is as necessary. Projects will generally be in Florida but could also be located outside of the state, as needed.
What will you contribute?
- At minimum, must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards for Archaeology, including a graduate degree in Archaeology or a closely related field with at least five years of full-time professional CRM experience conducting background research and cultural resource surveys plus demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
- Candidates must have knowledge or experience with a sufficient subset or combination of the following activities: historical and/or archaeological research, historical and/or archeological resource surveys and cultural resource management services.
- Candidates must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with National Historic Preservation Act regulations (including Section 106) and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements pertinent to cultural resources.
- It is desirable that candidates have familiarity with NEPA studies including cultural resource components of Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments (EIS/EAs).
- Knowledge or experience in architectural research and/or historical/architectural resource surveys would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with coordinating with SHPOs, THPOs, federal and state agency representatives, and landowners/managers regarding cultural resources would be beneficial. Experience with Florida Department of Transportation FDOT and the Florida SHPO are preferred but experience with DOT and SHPO offices in other states instead of Florida would be acceptable.
- Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior's professional qualification standards and must qualify as an Archaeologist on federal, state, and local cultural resource permits.
- Candidates must have experience working with ArcGIS.
- Familiarity with HABS/HAER/HALS.
- Candidates must have familiarity with the Florida Master Site File (FMSF) or similar SHPO site file documentation.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, technical writing, computer and communication skills.
- Familiarity with reading transportation engineering plans is a benefit but not required.
- Familiarity with nominating resources for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Professional certification/registration may be required.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Group Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs