Architect - Leeds
Architect - Leeds
Architect – Leeds
Atkins’ combines the best in architecture, engineering and surveying to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for clients, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate design teams are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Due to our current opportunities and strong pipeline of future work we are looking to recruit a Qualified Architect to further expand our Building Design team in Leeds.
This opportunity would suit a qualified Architect who wants to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to lead on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle. The team work on a variety of projects across sectors including aviation, commercial, education, transport hubs and urban redevelopment.
- Taking ownership of individual schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
- Ensuring design responses are pragmatic and respond to the client brief whilst respecting the opportunities and constraints that each site affords, through climate, context and culture;
- Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs.
- Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
- Working as part of a team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
- Client facing responsibilities.
- Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest photorealistic 3D software packages.
- RIBA Qualified Architect
- Passion for design and interest in developments within the Architecture industry
- Experience of working on projects within sectors including education, transportation hubs and urban redevelopment
- Working Knowledge of software’s including REVIT, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup desirable
- Experience of producing concept designs.
- Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level.
- Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills
- Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in Architecture, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs