Architectural Assistant (Part II) - Birmingham
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins’ combines the best in architecture & engineering to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or developing clever solutions for clients, Atkins prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
Our diverse, highly skilled, passionate design teams are unified with a belief – good design can positively transform people’s lives.
Due to new opportunities we are looking for an Architectural Assistant (Part II) to further expand our Building Design team in Birmingham.
This opportunity would be ideal for a Part II Qualified Architect who wants to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and to take real responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle. The team work on a variety of projects across sectors including aviation, commercial, education, transport hubs and urban redevelopment.
• Taking ownership of individual small schemes and taking them through from inception to completion.
• Working as part of a team in the preparation of production information and working drawing packages.
• Preparing concept scheme designs from Client briefs.
• Compilation of reports and documents and supporting the rest of the team in draughting documents for bids, expressions of interest and competitions.
• Client facing responsibilities
• Communicating schemes in a mixed portfolio of media from 2D CAD to the latest photorealistic 3D software packages.
• Preparing feasibility options for various projects and working with other disciplines to test the validity of designs
• Part II Qualified Architectural Assistant
• Experience of working on projects within sectors including Education, Transport (including Railway Stations) and Urban Redevelopment.
• Working Knowledge of software’s including Revit, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Sketchup.
• Prior experience of working within an Architectural Practice or within a Consultancy Environment.
• Previous experience of producing concept designs.
• Able to draw ‘free hand’ sketches and illustrate to a high level.
• Able to present information clearly to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Capable of working and completing tasks independently as well as demonstrating strong teamwork skills.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career in Architecture, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.