This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA Cultural Resources Group as an Architectural Historian. This position would require the candidate to be embedded part-time at the client office in Midtown Atlanta.
The ideal candidate for this position will apply their Section 106 knowledge and experience toward the assessment of transportation projects.
Under supervision, applies technical professional proficiency to the investigation of scientific problems and the coordination of related project activities; may lead a section of a laboratory or analytical group.
- Monitor and update project schedules for assigned projects prioritized by project baseline schedules;
- Provide project status updates at meetings and via tracking database;
- Review and preparation of Section 106 documents (including but not limited to Historic Resource Survey Reports and Assessment of Effects);
- Conducting preliminary project reviews for potential cultural resource issues, including the use of ArcGIS, online resources, and library or archival research.
- Conducting historic resource surveys and maintaining fieldwork documentation and reporting according to Atkins and client standards.
- Coordination with design professionals and overall project team to identify opportunities for avoiding and minimizing potential impacts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S or M.S. in a field of Science to commensurate with hiring discipline/history, architectural history, historic preservation or closely related field.
- 5+ years of CRM experience conducting background research and cultural resource surveys for transportation projects
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior Standards for History or Architectural History
- Candidate must have knowledge or experience with a sufficient subset or combination of the following activities: historical research, historical resource surveys and cultural resource management services.
- Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge and experience with National Historic Preservation Act regulations (including Section 106) and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements pertinent to cultural resources.
- Candidate must have some experience working with ArcGIS.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience coordinating with SHPOs, THPOs, federal and state agency representatives, and land owners/managers regarding cultural resources.
- Experience with Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) and the Georgia SHPO are preferred but experience with DOT and SHPO offices in other states may be acceptable.
- Experience with HABS/HAER/HALS
- Experience nominating resources for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles