Why join us?
We are hiring! Atkins is seeking an Architectural Historian to join our growing Cultural Resources group in Atlanta, GA. This position will require the candidate to serve as an extension of staff to a major client. The selected candidate for this position will apply their historic preservation knowledge and experience toward the assessment of transportation projects, along with preparation and review of environmental documents in compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and other relevant environmental laws.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintain task schedules for assigned projects, including a list of all required history documentation prioritized by project baseline schedules.
- Provide project status updates at meetings and via tracking database.
- Lead and conduct historic resource field surveys.
- Conduct background research on historic resources using a variety of primary and secondary sources.
- Evaluate historic resources for eligibility in the National Register of Historic Places, in accordance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and/or the Georgia Environmental Policy Act (GEPA).
- Assess effects to historic resources, including working with design professionals and overall project team to avoid or minimize impacts in accordance with Section 106 and/or GEPA.
- Prepare technical reports, including creating project and resource maps.
- Review technical reports prepared by client consultant firms.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Must be prepared to spend time in the field and travel to project sites in Georgia, with some overnight visits required.
What will you contribute?
- At minimum, must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for History or Architectural History, including a graduate degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or a closely related field.
- 1-2 years of full-time professional Architectural Historian experience, including conducting historical research and historic resource surveys, plus demonstrated ability to carry projects to completion.
- Excellent written, technical, and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- General understanding of the following industries: transportation, infrastructure, state and local governments, and/or regulatory/compliance.
- Basic level of experience with ArcGIS is required; intermediate to advanced experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with reading transportation engineering plans is a benefit but not required.
- Prior Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) experience and prequalification training is highly desired.
- Position may require use of company vehicle. Incumbent must have valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company policy.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs