Art-Worker (Graphic Design)
Atkins, a subsidiary of SNC Lavalin Group, is one of the world's leading Engineering Design Project
Management consultancies. Atkins Creative Design is a proactive and creative team of designers, developers, visualisers, filmmakers and immersive media specialists. The team delivers world class interactive solutions to a wide range of Atkins clients including EDF, Highways England, Transport for London, HS2, Environment Agency, Faithful and Gould and the University of Edinburgh. We work collaboratively with Atkins’ teams and external clients, getting to the heart of problems and adding value and innovation to every project.
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident, dedicated Artworker based in Bangalore to work remotely with our Global Creative Design team. You will be working with a talented team of creative and technical professionals, supporting across our national UK based business & other Global regions.
We are looking for someone who will execute projects with the highest attention to detail and be confident to roll out creative concepts to help us deliver a variety of design solutions. You will be producing precise print and digital artwork for a variety of engineering, infrastructure and architectural design projects.
Your focus will be on producing accurate artwork for editorial layouts and creating graphics for project proposals and tenders. You will be a strong communicator and a team player, embracing the variety of work and enjoying the buzz of a fast-paced, progressive working environment.
You will have a strong portfolio that showcases excellent attention to detail across a variety of different graphic design-based applications (including editorial reports).
Communication & Verbal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to take clear briefs and communicate progress clearly with Project Managers and designers in the UK.
- Able to collaborate and work as a team to earn loyalty and respect.
- Able to define and articulate ideas with clarity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts (BFA) / Visual Communication or equivalent / Bachelor’s Degree is a benefit but not essential.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience. Out of which minimum 2 years of art working experience across a variety of printed media.
- Following creative direction and quality reviews from the Global Creative Design team
- Developing impactful graphics (graphs, charts, icons, process flows, etc) to brand guidelines
- Producing and exporting print and screen ready documents to tight timescales
- Supporting the production of accurate editorial design artwork from templates
- Delivering artwork that fits the brief and demonstrates design value
- Developing a friendly rapport with colleges in remote locations
- Look to evolve ways of working and create efficiencies with colleagues on projects
- Take responsibility to continually develop and learn new technical skills
- Complete timesheets accurately and on time
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent layout and typography skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the highest attention to detail
- Confident communication with clients and colleagues
- Work proactively with own initiative and as part of the wider design community
- Unafraid to challenge, upholding standards and adding value through first-class delivery
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design’s vision and culture
- Adaptable and calm under pressure and a real team player
- Banners and digital media experience is an advantage
- A qualification in Graphic Design or similar is beneficial but not essential
Proactively engage with the design team and demonstrable experience where you have had to use initiative and collaborative working.
Experience of working in a multinational consultancy
Working within a team, supporting and learning off others.
Working to set budgets and timescales. Able to assess results and draw conclusions/make
Responsible for care of all equipment, hardware and upkeep of tools
Understanding of commercial aspects of project/program management. Potential to support with costing and business development.
- Able to report in to Management and support leadership of projects and resource
- Good Leadership qualities would be beneficial
- Support in keeping the team productive and be part of workload calls with management in Bangalore and UK teams.
- Where required, support Creative Design’s business development.
- To integrate, coordinate and work with design colleagues in UK and other artworks in Banglore
- Delivery/Project Managers
- Practice Head
- Business Head
Outlook or set of values:
We encourage career progression through on the job training, formal training (internal and external)